Thank you for visiting the TLC Ministries website.
TLC has been in existence since 1987.
We invite you learn more about TLC and to consider joining as a volunteer.
Will you help the needy children of Appalachia?
Read the August 2014 Ministry Update for full details on this year's back-to-school distribution which included:
- Boys' outfits - 266 (Pants, shirt, briefs, T-shirts & socks) + 13 shorts and 36 T-shirts
- Girls' outfits - 347 (dress, slip, undies, socks, purse & barrette) + 155 dresses and 14 T-shirts
- Boys' pajamas - 33 pairs
- Girls' nightgowns - 46
- Shoes - 249 pairs for boys & 300 pairs for girls
- Personal care kits for boys and girls - 450
- School kits - 350
- Baby items - 242 articles of clothing
The deadline for the Thanksgiving distribution is October 15, 2014.
The deadline for the Christmas distribution is November 15, 2014.
REMINDER: LONG SLEEVES ONLY on the garments for Thanksgiving and Christmas, please.
Please mark sizes on all garments.
Please Note: Especially needed are dresses in sizes 10, 12 and 14 and slips in sizes 4 through 14. TLC can purchase winter coats for $30 each and shoes for $18/pair so monetary donations are always welcome. Check out the Patterns section of the website for instructions for knitting hat, scarf and mitten sets. And for the Christmas mailing, pullover sweaters for girls and boys in sizes 4 through 14 in any color except black, nightgowns and pajamas for girls and pajamas for boys, slippers for girls and boys, and quilts for babies and young children are also welcome.